Need a Realtor to Sell Your Home?

In Illinois, there are over 100 communities and fire districts that require fire sprinklers in new one- and two-family homes and townhomes. In addition all of the model building and fire sprinkler groups have now been requiring fire sprinkler protection in their latest updated editions. The NFPA (National Fire Sprinkler Association) has had this requirement in their 2006, 2009, and 2012 Editions of Standard 101 Life Safety Code, Standard 1 the National Fire Protection Code and Standard 5,000, their Building Code, plus the ICC (International Code Council) has this requirement in their 2009 and 2012 Edition of the IRC (International Residential Code) all for new construction.

Thus the need for qualified and trained real estate agents to become fully educated about these fire protection features is necessary for them to sell your house and to show you the homes that are fire sprinkler protected.

We are looking for real estate agents who will be listed on a database that will be made available for all of Illinois. If you are a real estate agent who wants to be listed on this database just e-mail your contact info and we will post it.

Click here for a list of real estate agents who can answer questions about fire sprinklers and help you buy/sell sprinklered homes

How to Install Fire Sprinklers: The Fastest Way to Put Out a Fire

(Requires Acrobat Reader)
If you need Adobe Acrobat Reader click here

Copyright 2012, Northern Illinois Fire Sprinkler Advisory Board.
All rights reserved.