Due to the growing restrictions regarding COVID-19, the Fire Sprinklers 101 class is postponed until a later date.
Date: Friday, April 24, 2020
Time: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Place: Plainfield Fire Protection District HQ
23748 W. 135th Street, Plainfield, IL Instructor: Ron Ritchey, Great Lakes Field Services Coordinator, National Fire Sprinkler Association Introduction to Water-Based Fire Protection Systems This full-day class is great for new inspectors and those that need a refresher. It covers the following:
• Basic types of sprinklers
• How various sprinkler systems operate
• Types and classes of standpipe systems and how they operate
• Types of fire pumps and how they operate
• Overview of inspection, testing and maintenance (ITM)
• Overview of what all firefighters should know about these various systems both pre- and post-fire events The class will immediately follow the regular Illinois Fire Inspectors Association meeting. Sign-in for the meeting and class begins at 8:00 AM. Continental breakfast and a boxed lunch will be provided. Certificates will be issued for OSFM CEUs and ICC contact hours. COST: $10.00/person Please register at http://tiny.cc/ifia-sprinklers101
by April 20.