Romeoville Apt Fire 1 10-23-21Romeoville Apt Fire 2 10-23-21

October 23, 2021
ROMEOVILLE, IL – A single fire sprinkler stopped a fire from spreading in a bedroom of a 20-unit apartment building in Romeoville.  According to William Sterling, Deputy Fire Marshal, Romeoville Fire Department, it is believed an unattended candle in a master bedroom on the second floor caused the fire. The unit was unoccupied at the time of the incident. No injuries were reported.

Source:  Deputy Fire Marshal William Sterling, Romeoville Fire Department